My award

My award

Saturday, July 12, 2008

my favorite Calcutta eateries

I am guilty as charged for not blogging for the past few months.

I have been devouring a lot of places and in most cases haven't clicked the pics. I have been craving for momo today and if i get to be really lucky, I might just get some.

The food industry is in complete boom here (am still in India), while new shopping malls pop up here and there, fast food centers are crawling everywhere. KFC, McDonalds, Subway, Baskin and robbins has people lining up like crazy. While the menu is simililar, it has been localized by excluding beef and stocking up on veg and chicken recipes.

I have been visiting more of authentic places , one of my favorites being Hakka ( city center, Calcutta), it's Indian chinese served at its best in a great ambience and yet is reasonably priced.

Another is Sanjha Chulha, a typical "dhaba" style restaurant, with no frills- the food couldnt be better (on E.M. bypass, Calcutta).

Hanida Dhaba, is a place you have to go. I have been there thrice and had it to-go. The mounf of the food is mind boggling, one plate is enough for 3-4 people to share.

Really need to try something else today anmd as lazy as i feel right now, i just might change my mind for some lip smacking Calcutta specials.

So, hold on I just might step out today.